The Penang Trip!

Why I pack the bag? That's because I'm going to Penang. I went to Penang, last Thursday and it's just one night, so the school bag is fit enough for me. It's like going back to school again!


It's 4 hour journey from here, KL. Besides that, we also visit 3 Ipoh shopping complex in just 3 hours time! LOL! It's a vacation and working trip for my brother. LOL! It's not 'Lawatan Sambil Belajar". It's "Lawatan Sambil Bekerja!" This is the picture I got in this 4 hours journey...

This picture won't fail anyone! It's Penang Island!

It's Bangkok Lane
(It's style like Bangkok, with mostly boutique here)

First 'Makan Stop'. Lunch time,

Mee Goreng Tomato

It's like Mee Rojak but this is with tomato and chillies. Nice. Quite a new different taste. Can't get this in KL!

This won't fail anybody also. It's taken along the Gurney Drive...
Tsunami? Not this place....
(I can see what your are thinking...)

Second Makan Stop. Evening tea time. It's the iconic Penang Char Kuey Teow!

My brother claim this is the best Char Kuey Teow stall in town!

This tiny little plate of Char Kuey Teow cost us RM6.50! OMG! But it's very taste! Can't eat this in KL!

In the shop is this, the biggest 'suction fan' that I ever saw.

Next stop, light Tea Time! LOL! Apong Guan!


What is Apong Guan? It's Apam in KL. Guan? It's the boss's name! What's so special until it makes the way to the newspaper? It's mostly egg, cocnut and just mix with little flour! Not like those conventional you got in KL. The egg taste is so strong! It's like eating a cake! This is cheap and nice! Just 30 cents per piece! It's a far different compare to the Char Kuey Teow just now.

Third Makan Stop. Dinner time. It's the so infamous Ecco Cafe.

Very little people will notice this cafe, even you're born in Penang. LOL! It serve Italian food/french, if not mistaken. It's all home made and natural ingredient!

The number of table is very limited. This make the cooked very concentrate on your meal!

It's Pasta!

Home made pizza!

The Desert. It's like Tiramitsu but not that, hard taste.
(Correct me if I'm wrong. Can't get the right words to describe)

Should I tell you there's supper?! Oh........ That's the life in Penang, FOOD PARADISE!

Fourth Makan Stop of the day...

You thought this is wrong picture?

No. This is not the wrong picture to describe the situation. LOL! It's 10.30pm! Is it the people in Penang always eat supper? NO! It's this stall that tempt the surrounding people to queue at the stall for it's Nasi Kandar! Mind you, why don't the people come in the morning, lunch or dinner?

This stall only open on 10pm! You might saw this Stall Plaque wrote 'Beratur'. It's not asking the guess to queue and eat! It got it's name from the large crowd that queue to it's Nasi Kandar!

You can't get this food and the whole surrounding environment for this in KL!

Beratur la engkau untuk makan!

I got the picture of the nasi. It's nothing special about the look. But it's taste! I just remember to snap a pic of it when eating half way. You might feel disgusted if I show you the pic. LOL! It's just too tasty. What can I say?

The next morning. Eat Kuey Teow Teng. It's Fish Ball mee in Hokkien. It's quite tasty and yesterday eat too much, so I forgot to snap the pic for this.


This is no famous eating place. But it sells the tastiest biscuit in Penang! This is the one and only stall they got in Penang. Behind the stall itself is bakery factory. So it's sure fresh!

You can guess by the number of visitor coming non stop to this shop! I have to wait like 45 minutes the get the Beh Teh Saw? It's the chinese 'Hiang Ping'. When I arrive, they sold out. So I have to wait for 45 minutes. No choice! I can't miss this in Penang!

Not this miss this famous Penang, Tambun Biscuit.
(Not in the Him Heang Shop)



All this temple is quite like the one located in Petaling Street.... Very heavy crafted motif.

For lunch, we actually wanted to eat this Nasi Tomato. Not Mee Tomato. But due to last Friday is Hari Raya Korban, this shop closed.

So went to this Indian Banana leave stall.

Looking good here!

The stall is very small only, just have like 10 tables in this stall. But you can tell this is very original by the way the worker dress up! Didn't take the pic but some of them wear cheiter....

Like went to India already... It's very heavy with the herbs taste. You can get almost like this taste a Nirvana Restaurant, opposite Bangsar Shopping village. Very famous for this also.....

You can get this in KL! No jokes.... LOL!

After eating so many spicy food,we should balance up with this!

Coconut Water!

The coconut just ordinary. Not that good. But it's worth to visit this stall the see his chopping skills! Just 3 cut and you can taste the water! It's using Sabit compare to those stall in KL, using Parang, Quite weird..... But this man's skills is too good to be believe!

Because of my picture snapped here not that nice, so I replace with this that I snapped!

Coconut King at Lebuh King!

That's the end of my Penang Trip! I'm busy eating and not busy visiting. LOL! For sure I'll be coming back to Penang, soooooooooon.

The best I would rate now is the Nasi Kandar Beratur! You have to taste it to believe it!

Btw, I also promise to post some pic from my new hp. So I keep my promises! The above picture is all taken from my camera HP! More to come!

*Warning! The above picture might looks better than the real life due to my shooting skills and my newest camera quality!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger